Students of U.S. Universities
We have received an NSF grant to support expenses for students from US universities. This support will be given on a first come first serve basis, with priority given to those who have submitted abstracts. The funding will cover registration for both the conference and the pre-conference course, housing, and some if not all travel. Our abstract deadline is this Friday, June 17. Submit an abstract to present a poster and register!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Pre-Conference Event (Filled)
Pre-Conference One-Day Course Offered
Synthesis & Characterization of MXenes, with Lab Tours & Demos
- July 31, 2022
- Additional $100
To enrich your conference experience, you may add a tutorial day to your conference registration.
- Researchers will be introduced to MXene synthesis best practices. Course attendees will receive tutorials on how to synthesize MXenes.
- We will cover characterization of MXene powders, colloidal suspensions, single flakes, and films by Raman spectroscopy, electron microscopy, UV-vis, XPS and other techniques. Experienced researchers will teach you how to determine the properties of MXenes on the example of Tı3C2. Sample preparation and elimination of measurement artifacts will be discussed in detail.
- Demonstrations and tutorials will be offered to exhibit the process and stages of MXenes.
- Thorough lab tours will be given with detailed explanations of the equipment used in various processes for applications.
This course is a great resource for researchers new to the MXene field as well as current MXene researchers who want to further advance their skill set. Experienced researchers, industry professionals, and students are all welcome to partake in this one day in-depth course preceding the MXene Conference.
Limited space is available. Option to add the course through registration.
- 8:00 – 9:00
- 9:00 – 10:30
- Introduction to MXenes + Synthesis of MXenes
- 10:30 – 12:30
- XRD, Raman Spectroscopy, and XPS of MXenes
- 12:30 – 1:30
- Lunch provided
- 1:30 – 6:00
- Demo Rotations (MXene Synthesis, MXene Processing, Electrochemistry of MXenes) – 1.5h each
In addition to networking with scientists, researchers, academic faculty, and industry professionals working in fields where MXenes can be impactful, at this year’s MXene Conference at Drexel University, students will have the opportunity to present their work during daily poster sessions.
Student posters will be on display and presentations will be held each day in the atrium of the Bossone building in front of the A.J. Drexel Nanomaterials laboratory. We welcome all submissions for poster presentations.
The deadline for receiving abstracts is July 1, 2022.
As we develop our programming, further opportunities will be added to the schedule. Please check back for more information.